Thursday 24 September 2009

The hottest ticket in town...finally arrives

Carolyn Massey's tote bag invitation.

Those involved in organising the Menswear Day were faced with the difficulties of delivering show invitations in the middle of a postal strike. Most of mine arrived in time one way or another but there was one notable exception, Carolyn Massey's. Normally I wouldn't have minded but Carolyn had tweeted that her invites were something special, so I was a little frustrated with the postman (or lack of one). Full of hope though, I woke up extra early yesterday and tip toed down to the post holes like a kid on Christmas Day but there was nothing for me under the tree this time. When I entered Somerset House I soon found out what I was missing as so many people were literally wearing the invites, almost mockingly. The printed canvas tote bags were such a good idea, not only are they practical, better for the environment and whatnot but people were seen advertising the Carolyn Massey brand throughout the day. If I had one at the time, it would never have left my side. In fact one of Carolyn's friends, Lisa Comerford captured a number of people wearing her bag/invite in and around Somerset House and I just had to share them with you. As the image shows, the hottest ticket in town arrived this morning, better late than never and I'll certainly be carrying this around with me on my next jaunt to the shops...

This bag is an invitation. Montage of images by Lisa Comerford

6 comments:

EJ said...

Want. :(

Style Salvage Steve said...

EJ: Consider it yours! I think it would be fitting for you to have it as you missed out on the day!

EJ said...

Woo! This is a happy Eliza!

I want it hand delivered. By you. Soon.

Giancinephile said...

Stroke of genius!

A great one by Massey!!

Disneyrollergirl.net said...

Hah, mine arrived yesterday!

Event Management Services said...

This blog is conducted by two friends Steve and EJ. you can put your view on men dress.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails